Your internship consists of the following two components:
1. Independent thesis research
We offer you the opportunity to conduct independent research as part of our Technology team. We ask you to write a one-page research proposal, similar to the research proposal you would write for your University, containing;
- Your topic: what is it that you are going to investigate?
- Academic relevance: what value does this research bring to academic development in the Technology area?
- Business relevance: what value does this research bring to PwC and/or its clients?
- Way of working: what would be your approach to come to a solid thesis?
In your research proposal, please convince us that your topic contributes to the development of our Technology team as well as covers the required academic prerequisites. Possible technology thesis topics could be surrounding the topics of our Go-To-Market themes:
Front Office Transformation
- Store of the Future: Emerging technologies in the retail sector
- AI predictive analysis: how to create personalized customer experiences?
- Digital utility transformation: the future of the energy industry
- Data-driven pricing strategies and insights
- The opportunities of e.g. Internet of Things, 5G, blockchain or cloud to transform customer experiences
Future of Finance
- Finance as a Service: what are the (in)possibilities?
- Business applications of RPA, AI or Smart Automation in Finance
- IT transformation: Off-shoring, nearshoring or smart automation?
- Digital enablement: Multi-channel user adoption strategies
- The impact of platform economies on e.g. business models or customer interactions
- Data as an asset: Including data as an integrated part of strategy
- Leveraging technology to improve ESG factors (e.g. using urban data or IoT)
- The potential of process mining in Operations Transformation
- New ways of working for IT & Business (Scaled Agile, Holacracy, Flat, etc.)
Please feel free to introduce another technology-related thesis topic, these are just indications to get your creative juices flowing!
2. Contributing to client engagement and internal projects
Next to writing your thesis, you will engage in projects within our Technology team. You will work with colleagues in multidisciplinary teams across different departments, such as Finance, Operations, Data Analytics, Customer, or Risk. Together with the team you will solve complex and challenging projects at the client.
We help our clients to realize their objectives and tasks from Strategy through Execution. With technology integrated in society to such a large degree, IT has an increasingly strategic role within companies. Technology must help to achieve business goals and connect fluidly to customers, employees and processes. We strive to implement Technology in such a way that it becomes a strategic asset of our clients. During your internship you will be part of these interesting client projects as much as possible. Depending on availability and your own personal interest, we will try to match you with the client that fits best.